Recently a fellow blogger asked me my help on increasing blog hit count, so here are some tips from my blogging experience…
- Always post contents that genuinely/honestly interests you so that others will also feel interested.
- Be honest with what you write, don’t write to grab attention. You may succeed otherwise for a short period but on the long run you’ll lose ‘popularity’ among users. I personally don’t visit such sites so can confirm such a behavior from a user’s point of view.
- Use tags. I didn’t use tags for the first 7 months of my blogging and for that seven months my blog hit count combined was 7400. Now after adding tags I get hits greater than 7400 every month.
- Properly use images. Fill out image description and title fields. Also fill in ‘alt’ field of images. I sometime forget to do this.
- Visit other blogs, post comments, be friendly with other blogs.
- Do not frequently edit your blog entries, I’ve experienced reduction in hit count but I cannot confirm this behavior.
- Do not try to force increase hit count, on the long run this will turn out to be a waste of time. Just be natural and patient. Just relax and enjoy blogging.
- Properly categorize blog entries. Even provide sub-categories.
- Use a theme that is comfortable to the eyes, I run from websites that does not follow this rule.
- Keep blog posts to the point.
- Be honest, don’t plagiarize. Write what you know and leave an acknowledgment to concerned persons. I am thinking about an acknowledgment section for my blog entries.
- Don’t flood your blog with ads.
Above tips are from my very short blogging experience and I am still learning.