Where’s the Visual Studio 2013 Visual Basic PowerPack?
Note the VisualBasic PowerPack is not part of Visual Studio 2013 install, it comes as separate MSI. The download link for Visual Basic Powerpack for Visual Studio 2013 is hard to find online as well. I found the link from our internal support article.
Download VB Powerpack (direct link to bits): http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=321343
Steps to Install Visual Studio 2013 Visual Basic PowerPack
Please close any open instances of Visual Studio 2013. Once the installation completes and if you still don’t see the Powerpack controls in the toolbox. Do the following.
- Open Visual Studio 2013
- Open the toolbox. Add a new tab, right click on the toolbox, select “Add Tab”. Name the tab to “Visual Basic PowerPack”
- Expand the new “Tab”. Right click in the empty space under the new tab and select “Choose Item”. You’ll see the following dialog popup…
- Please give it few minutes to load all items. Please select “.Net Framework Components” tab if its not already selected.
- In the filter text box control please type in “Power”. You should see something like this in the above dialog…
- Check the relevant ones and add them to your toolbox as shown below…
- Once you click ok, you should see the following controls added to your toolbox…
- In my case I’ve added all powerpack controls to my toolbox.
- You might also have to add a reference to this new powerpack library if you still see compilation errors. Be aware that the assembly name has changed as well…
We’ve had couple of customer’s who report that Visual Basic powerpack is missing from Visual Studio 2013.
Enjoy the powerpack.