ServerRender is a property of a webpart which disables client-side rendering for a webpart. You’ll lose some cool features of a webpart once you enable this feature for e.g.
- Inline editing of a list item, or in other words “Quick Edit”.
- Look and feel of the list changes to the traditional view, from a excel like view.
How do we enable this feature via SharePoint UI?
- GoTo Site settings->Edit page
- Select list web part and then select WEB PART on the ribbon bar, then select the list web parts “Web Part Properties” on this ribbon.
- On the properties window that pops out on the right side, enable “Server Render”, at the bottom of this screenshot…
How do we enable this feature via PowerShell?
I had to dig around a bit to figure this out. Here’s how we do this via PowerShell…
#Web URL, change to your web's URL $WebUrl = "http://sp/sites/TaskList" #ListName, change to your list's name $ListName = "MyTasks" $web = Get-SPWeb $webUrl #Get all web parts in this collection, please note this is for default view, if you've got other views please use URL for that view $WebParts = $web.GetWebPartCollection($web.Lists[$ListName].DefaultViewUrl, [Microsoft.SharePoint.WebPartPages.Storage]::Shared) #Dump names of all web parts on this page $WebParts.DisplayName #Assuming you just have one web part on this page. $WebParts.ServerRender=$true $WebParts.SaveChanges($WebParts.ViewGuid) $web.Dispose()